Thursday, March 11, 2010

Not-So-Little Pink House

My hubby and I went down to Charlestown, South Carolina for a meeting recently.  I always love being back in that charming city.  Our hotel was close to Battery Park and a walk along the promenade at sunset can't be beat.  As part of his meeting schedule, we were able to go inside two the amazing homes right on The Battery.  One was Roper House. Wow, what an experience. 

For me, the highlight of the trip was seeing a former client. I helped her sell her townhome in Reston - an older home that she'd lived in with her 5 cats for many years.  She did all the right things to get it ready for sale - fresh paint and carpet, all repairs made, and she even moved out to make it completely ready for a new owner.  It sold quickly after multiple offers and well over list. 

This set her on the path to having a home built for her just outside of Charleston.  What a thrill to see this huge, beautiful home.  10' ceilings.  3 bedrooms.  2-car garage.  Screened in porch.  2 walk-in closets in the master including one that was the size of a bedroom.  Tons of windows with light pouring in. All on one level.  And it was pink!  (This photo isn't the house, but hers is just as charming, but much bigger.) To say that you can buy more home there for the same dollar is a colossal understatement.

I was squealing with delight at every turn because I was so thrilled for her to have this home for the rest of her life.  The very best part for me is that, while showing me her home, she hugged me about three times saying "Thank you so much.  You helped make this possible."  Awww!

Judy, I wish you many years of enjoying mint juleps on your screened porch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment